Liquid/LC100

For the GEEK in you

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Photoblogging

Not a damn thing to write about in boring Melbourne so its time to clear out the scrapbook. And torment my largely silent congregation with crappy trips from my past.
Sri Lanka's only golf course. Looks like shit, doesn't it? Like God got set loose with a copy of SimCity's terrain Editor. The Desert Classic isn't losing any sleep. Yes, that boat in the bottom left is for retrieving lost balls. And yes, it's a rowboat.

Bur Dubai is so classy yes? There's a Chinese prostitute who stands below that AC and I swear, every day she gives it an evil look when it drips on her top. Good business is all location, location.

Australia's not-so-Great Ocean Road. Oh, no question it's scenic and all that, and unquestionably one of the great driving roads. But utterly ruined by the police berks who stick speed cameras all over it while refusing to signpost where the hell you are. Still, it's not all that bad. The seaside town of Lorne had the best fish n chips I ever had. Ok, the only fish n chips I've ever had.
Yes, I'm positive that sign has prevented many deaths in Wadi Wuraiyyah. Health and Safety would have an aneurysm if they came to Dubai.

Enough already. Time to go watch paint dry. (Really.)

5 Comments:

Blogger BreastImplants said...

Well, you've got one loudmouth.
Makes up for everyone else, I think.

Actually I think the golf course looks kinda cool. Playing golf would be a nightmare though, imagine all the vampire mosquitoes.
(Did you see anyone playing?)

Hehehe...at least my prostitute stripped for voyeurs :P

I really like that picture of Great Ocean Road. It's a super shot....tad bit blurry but super all the same.

I've never been to a Wadi. No, I might have. But I was too young to remember; it's like taking trips when you're 5, they don't count in the large scheme of things. Well, that sign would've worked on me. I can't swim to save my life.

3:52 AM  
Blogger marwan said...

Better to have one opinionated person than fifty comments of the 'good/bad/indifferent post..my 2c+glib comment...kthtx.'

A little more on the golf course:
It's called the Water's Edge. I was there two days and never saw a single player. Apparently it's mostly used by foreigners on their off days(well there's a surprise).
As a golf course, its a bit like copying the Bible on a napkin - a bit squeezed. No mosquitoes to report though. The area around the course is pretty shitty but the groundspeople keep the course pretty clean. Good on them, because sri lankan mosquitoes love me.

Who is the prostitute and how do I find an apartment in a building opposite or a suitable location for a zoom lens? Better than a cup of chai, I say.

That shot is blurry because it comes to you courtesy the Nokia 7610. Gone there every year for the past three. Melbourne is quite overcast at that time of year sadly, which makes for bad photography in a really quite lovely place.

You should visit a wadi sometime. Ok, the oasis is kinda underwhelming, but the trip to get there is awe inspiring, driving on rough river beds through valleys of rock. I would post a picture, but quite a few of them have me in them and my face makes children cry. Or cling to my leg in abject fear.

I don't swim more than five yards. But fortunately, Fat Floats.

8:55 AM  
Blogger BreastImplants said...

Hehehe...
I agree. I don't post pictures mostly because of the comments I get.
I joined this photoblogging site a while ago; I consider myself as darn good amateur photographer- I used analog cameras mostly and all the comments I got were "WOOOOOW> THAT"S SO KEWL!" I bitched them out and got the hell out of there.

I'd like to go to that golf course. More now since there aren't any vampire mosquitoes. I'm from Kerala and I know all about those kind. And yes, they love me too.

Ha...you're not going to find her. I saw her when I was 15, and I don't know why she stripped for me but she did, evey darn night until I got sick of seeing her and started throwing stuff on her window to make her stop.

But then she got herself a male playmate and then it was hardcore action for quite a while. It wasn't fun, but they made me laugh. Possibly the ugliest couple I've ever seen.
Regrettably, I don't live there anymore....my parents moved on account of it not being a "family" building.

LOL....I'd still like to see the wadi pictures; do you think you could send them to my email address? It probably shows when I reply to your blog....if it doesn't, use this one, gruesome.washu@gmail.com.

As the name suggests, I'm not squeamish at all...and I'm definitely not a child.

2:44 PM  
Blogger marwan said...

You're harsh. To photog newbs.

'Family' Building? Not too many of those left.

Gmail bounced. Got an MSN nick?

11:46 PM  
Blogger BreastImplants said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home